Diagnostic Testing and Lab Services
One Family Clinic & Urgent Care in Sherman, Texas, offers a wide range of diagnostic testing and lab services, including DNA and paternity testing. Diagnostic tests are non-surgical medical procedures or assessments performed to diagnose, treat, or monitor a disease, an injury or an underlying medical condition.
Most of these tests are very simple and can be done on-site at our clinic in Sherman, while others might require a trip to an imaging center or a hospital. Additionally, One Family Clinic has partnered with multiple facilities to offer you services at affordable cash-pay pricing if you do not have insurance. Of course, you can utilize your insurance at these facilities if you choose to. We take great pride in providing our patients with fast and convenient diagnostic services.
All diagnostics tests are distinct and are either invasive or non-invasive. During your visit and after a clinical exam, our Nurse Practitioner will determine which tests should be performed to understand your condition better. Furthermore, you will have opportunities to ask questions about the specific tests. Some of the most common tests that our Nurse Practitioner orders include but are not limited to the following:
- Pap smear
- CT or CAT scan
- MRI or MRA
- Minimally invasive skin biopsy
Lab Tests and Services
One Family Clinic & Urgent Care offers a wide variety of medical services. We can perform on-site (in-house) tests at our Sherman, Texas clinic or send out tests to our certified lab partners. The majority of our lab services only require a blood or urine sample. We provide you with direct access to blood work and lab testing that are affordable. Our Nurse Practitioner will order the appropriate lab tests to identify your health concerns and provide you with the personalized treatment you deserve.
Common Lab Tests
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP): This test measures kidney function, electrolytes, blood sugar level, and fluid volume.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): This test measures white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets.
- Urinalysis: This urine test aids with the evaluation of urinary tract infections, kidney problems, or diabetes.
- Hemoglobin A1C (hBA1c): This test identifies and monitors diabetes.
- Lipid Panel: This test measures cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood, which can affect a patient’s heart disease and stroke risks.
- Pap smear: This minimally invasive procedure tests for precancerous and cancerous cell changes in the cervix in women.
- Cultures: These tests aid with diagnosing infections such as strep throat, urinary tract infections, wound infections, and sexually transmitted infections (or STDs).
DNA & Paternity Testing
One Family Clinic understands that DNA Paternity Testing can impact your life in the long run. Because of that, we ensure all of our legal DNA testings are Court-Admissible in the US and every country that recognizes ISO standards.
Our collectors are specially trained and certified to do legal DNA testing in Sherman, Texas. AABB-accredited Laboratories will perform the tests and handle your test results. You will receive results in 2-5 business days. Read more about our DNA and Paternity Testing here.